PRESIDENT Donahue Construction Corp/Tekcon Services Group, 1/93 - Present
General Contractor/Construction Manager specializing in commercial construction with an emphasis in retail, restaurant and mixed-use construction.
- Manage all facets of construction corporation; personnel, contract negotiation, estimating, project management, claims resolution.
- Perform architectural coordination services.
- Develop estimates and bidding packages.
- Contract, schedule, coordinate and supervise subcontractors.
- Geographical Areas; AZ, HI, NV, CA, OK, WI, MN, IL, TX, NY, NM, GA
PROJECT MANAGER/SUPERINTENDENT Werner Construction, Burbank CA, 9/91 - 5/93. Managed interior retail, office and mixed use projects ranging from $25,000 to $1,700,000.
- Developed estimates and bidding packages.
- Scheduled, coordinated and supervised subcontractors and employees.
- Researched, interviewed and employed qualified subcontractors.
- Completed project close-outs and maintained statistical analysis.
ASSISTANT CHIEF OF ENGINEERING Boston/Brockton V.A. Medical Centers, 8/89 - 6/91. Directed the Engineering Division at the 270 bed, acute care, West Roxbury Medical Center.
- Managed 50-employee engineering division encompassing construction, maintenance and operations.
- Management team member, administered and actively participated in required medical center committees and meetings including; space, activation and resources.
- Medical Center’s Construction Management Representative in a $40 million dollar addition facilitating outpatient, research, education and administration.
- Worked closely with counterparts in both clinical and administrative services in planning and coordinating all construction and maintenance activities.
- Coordinated all materials and resources required to maintain the medical center facility.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER Boston V. A. Medical Center: 4/87-8/89
Supervised renovation, remodel and maintenance construction projects in the 1000 bed acute care medical center ranging from $10,000 to $750,000 encompassing all areas of the hospital including but no limited to medical, surgical, research, laboratory and administration.
- Interviewed and coordinated architects.
- Reviewed architectural designs and documents.
- Scheduled and supervised general contractors, subcontractors and in house maintenance personnel.